Site Policies and Shipping Guidelines
Information Collection and Usage
Our online products and offerings are not intended for anyone under the age of thirteen (13). Children under the age of thirteen (13) may not place orders on our store, participate in our social networking web sites or otherwise provide personally identifiable information to us online.
Registration and Ordering
During registration, for our websites and events, Customers are required to give their contact information (such as name, e-mail address, mailing address and phone number). We also may collect demographic information (such as job title and purchasing responsibilities, company information and professional certification). For internal purposes, we use this information to communicate with Customers and provide requested services, and, for our website visitors, to provide a more personalized experience on our websites and other offerings. We use aggregate demographic information about our visitors and other Customers to improve our service, for marketing purposes and/or industry reporting purposes.
For our offerings that require payment (such as certain events, products and subscriptions), we also collect credit card information (such as account name, number and expiration date), which is used by us and our credit card processors for billing purposes only, and is not otherwise shared. Please see the “Security” section below.
If Customers wish to subscribe to our e-mail newsletters, we ask for contact information (such as name, e-mail address and, occasionally, demographic information). We use this information in the same manner as we use contact information in the registration and ordering process described above. Recipients of our newsletters can unsubscribe using the instructions listed at the end of the e-mail newsletter or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the e-mail address used to subscribe.
Surveys and Contests
From time to time we invite Customers to provide information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the Customer therefore has a choice as to whether or not to disclose requested contact information (such as name and mailing address) and demographic information (such as zip code or job title). In addition to other uses set forth in this policy, contact information collected in connection with surveys and contests is used to notify the winners and award prizes, to monitor or improve the use of our promotions and offerings, and may be shared with sponsors of such surveys or contests.
At some of our websites, we offer interactive and community features such as “wall” postings, status updates and feeds, discussion boards, webcasts and Customer profiles. Accordingly, HeartMastery collects content submitted by Customers such as data, text, software, music, audio, photographs, graphics, video, messages, links, tags, comments, status updates and other materials. Note that all personal information sent or posted via such features becomes public information for which HeartMastery is not responsible and cannot be held accountable. Some of these features automatically make certain information public (e.g., user name, avatar photograph or image, “about me” information). If you choose to make available any of your personally identifiable information, you do so at your own risk.
Messaging from Our Offerings
At some of our websites, we offer the ability for Customers to send messages to one another, and even to persons not using our websites. Accordingly, HeartMastery collects and transmits content submitted by Customers for such messaging. By posting on our interactive features or messaging features, you are consenting to receive comments or messaging from other Customers and from other internet users who may view and respond to such postings. We provide mechanisms for Customers to report spam or other unsolicited messaging to us.
If Customers elect to use our referral service for informing a friend about our websites and offerings, we may ask them for the friend's name, job title and e-mail address. HeartMastery will store and use this information to send the friend an invitation to browse our website. This information may also be used to provide information about our company and related products and offerings. The friend may contact us as specified in the tell-a-friend message to request that no further communications be sent.
Communications with Us
We have features where Customers can submit information to us (such as our feedback forms). Letters to the editor and similar submissions may be made public. Requests for service, support or information may be forwarded internally and to our contractors, business affiliates and advertisers as needed to best respond to a specific request. We may retain e-mails and other information sent to us for our internal administrative purposes, and to help us to serve customers better.
Communications from Us: Service Updates, Special Offers
In order to best serve our Customers, we may send updates that contain important information about our websites and offerings. For example, we send new members a welcoming message, and verify password and Customer name for our password-protected sections. We may also communicate with a Customer to provide requested services and for account-related issues via e-mail, phone or regular mail. Such communications are not subject to opt out while the Customer’s account is active, e.g., for a current subscription.
We offer our Customers the option to receive information about our company, related products, offerings and special deals. Customers can choose not to receive these communications, as set forth in our Permission section below.
Automatic Data Collection
Our websites have features that automatically collect information from Customers, to deliver content specific to Customers' interests and to honor their preferences. This information assists us in creating websites that will serve the needs of our Customers. One of the most common ones is the “cookie.”
On our websites with interactive features, we keep track of many of the actions you take, such as adding connections to friends or groups, adding certain content, and connecting with applications.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the Customer's computer containing information about the Customer. Usage of our cookies is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our website. Our Web shopping cart utilizes cookies to facilitate the ordering process.
Our websites contain links to other websites. HeartMastery is not responsible and shall not be held accountable for the privacy practices or content of such other websites. We encourage our Customers to be aware when they leave our website and to read the privacy policies of each website to which we may link that may collect personally identifiable information.
For our internal purposes, we gather date, time, browser type, navigation history and the IP address of all visitors to our website. This information does not contain anything that can identify Customers personally. We use this information for our internal security audit log, trend analysis and system administration, and to gather broad demographic information about our Customer base for aggregate use.
We may combine demographic information supplied by a Customer at registration with aggregate website usage data to provide general profiles, in aggregate non-personally identifiable form, about our Customers and their preferences in the content of the website and advertising. We may share this composite information with our advertisers and business affiliates to help them better understand our offerings and customer base.
Neither information of a medical/diagnostic nature nor the state of our Customers’ health is collected, distributed or reported upon. However, Customers may describe or comment upon their or others’ medical or diagnostic issues or health without our control.
With Whom Your Information is Shared
On our websites with interactive features or messaging features, your user ID and any profile information you submit are displayed in the public and private areas of such websites. Generally, all of your activities on such websites will be identifiable to your user ID. Personal information may be publicly shared through our interactive features (see “Interactive Features” above) and our messaging features (see “Messaging from Our Offerings” above).
When we have co-branded, customized, private label, “powered by” or sponsored products and offerings, or when we join with other parties to provide specific products or services, we may share (provide and receive) personal information with them. We do not share credit card information with such third parties.
We may use outside shipping companies to ship orders, and a credit card processing company to bill Customers for goods and services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
Aggregate information also may be shared with our contractors, business affiliates and advertisers only on an anonymous aggregate basis.
Other than as set forth above, we do not share personally identifiable information with other companies, apart from those acting as our agents in providing our promotions, products and services, and which agree to use it only for that purpose and to keep the information secure and confidential. Also, our parent, subsidiary and affiliate companies, entities into which our companies may be merged, or entities to which any of our assets, products, websites or operations may be transferred, will be able to use personally identifiable and aggregate information.
We will also disclose information we maintain when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena or other legal obligation, in response to a law enforcement agency's request, or in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property. Customers should also be aware that U.S. Bankruptcy Courts and other government authorities might have the authority under certain circumstances to permit personal information to be shared or transferred to third parties without permission.
Correction/Updating Personal Information
If a Customer's personally identifiable information changes (such as zip code), or if a Customer no longer desires our offerings, in most cases we provide a way to correct or update that Customer's personal information. The Customer should contact Customer Support for the applicable product or service.
We use all reasonable precautions to protect our Customers' personal information and to see that it is stored securely by our contractors.
All credit card transactions occur on a secure website that is tested daily for potential weaknesses in order to protect you from any loss, misuse or alteration of information collected, so that you can buy with confidence. ScanAlert, a third party company specializing in Internet security has “HackerSafe”Ô certified the store websites of HeartMastery. ScanAlert also ensures that the hosted websites are PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliant; (please visit http://www.pcicomplianceguide.org/step1b.html for more information on PCI compliance.)
When you place an order online at a HeartMastery store website, the information you send is protected by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL encrypts your order using strong 128-bit encryption to prevent the decoding of that information by anyone other than the recipient as it travels over the Internet. SSL is the industry standard in transferring credit card information to process your orders. The SSL encryption translates your order information into a highly indecipherable code.
When you've finished shopping and begin the checkout process, you will move into the secure area of the website. A warning window may pop up to notify you that you are entering this secure area. Once you've entered, the page address (URL) will change from http to https, to let you know you are in a secure area. A key or a closed lock will appear in the lower left hand corner of your screen and/or the right side of the address bar in Internet Explorer to notify you of this change. (In Netscape, it's in the lower left-hand corner, just above the Start button. On a Mac, the lock icon may be in the lower left-hand corner of both browsers.) You will remain in this secure area for the entire checkout process.
Since secure connections are slower than unsecured connections, they are only used at check out, when you're sending us personal information.
If your browser doesn't support SSL, you'll be unable to connect to our secure shopping cart server, which means you needn't worry about mistakenly placing an order through an unsecured connection. If you can't access the secure server, for whatever reason, we offer many other options for placing an order. You may place your order by sending it via e-mail to: email@example.com. If you choose this option, please DO NOT include credit card information, as e-mail is absolutely not a secure method of sending private financial information over the Internet. Simply include your daytime phone number in the e-mail, and we will call you for the necessary information. Of course, you may also print your completed order and mail it to us at:
14700 West Park Avenue
Boulder Creek, CA 95006
Our web sites are hosted and our services are provided in the United States of America and are intended for and directed to Customers in that country. If you are accessing the web sites or services from the European Union, Asia, or any other jurisdiction with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure, which differ from United States laws, please be advised that through your use of the web sites and services, you are transferring your personal information to the United States of America and you consent to that transfer.
Notification and Changes
General Shipping Information:
How long will my order take to deliver?
- Orders are processed and shipped within two business days of receipt. Please keep this in mind for shipping requests that are more urgent and adjust shipping methods accordingly.
- Our web store includes a Calculate Shipping tool so you can see the shipping cost before proceeding and submitting your order.
International Shipping Information:
- All International (outside the U.S.) orders over $175.00 will be shipped by UPS, duties or taxes may be assessed. Most countries will collect from the recipient a customs clearance and delivery fee in addition to the duties and taxes. This fee is authorized by international postal agreements to reimburse the delivery service for the costs it incurs in clearing the items through customs and collecting duties at the time of delivery. The duties, taxes and fee, if applicable, are not included in the shipping charges reflected on your order.
- Please allow 1-2 weeks for International deliveries via USPS.
- You may choose from either USPS or UPS shipping methods for orders under $175.00. Of these options, UPS is the most reliable and recommended method. USPS is less expensive but is slow and is often times subject to delay in customs. Whichever method you choose, shipping fees will be determined by weight and destination country. You will be solely responsible for any Customs fees and VAT (Value Added Tax) which may be levied at the destination country.
- Please be aware that in some countries, the domestic postal system may levy additional charges for delivery within that country.
- HeartMastery through HeartMath LLC does not include an actual invoice with the order. The invoice is sent electronically to your email address. We include a packing slip and International shipping documents for Customs purposes only.
- All International shipping documents list minimal replacement costs only and do not reflect wholesale or retail value.
Duties & Taxes:
- Duties and taxes for orders shipped to destinations outside the U.S. are due at time of delivery (these charges are not calculated during checkout and are not collected by HeartMastery). Please consult your local customs office for more details before placing your order.
- Applicable duties and taxes for gifts, sent outside the U.S., will be due at the time of delivery by the recipient.
- Please understand that since HeartMastery does not collect any duties, taxes or customs fees, we cannot refund these should you decide to return the merchandise.
- If you're not absolutely pleased with your emWave Technology product—for any reason—we'll be happy to make an exchange or refund the purchase price, less shipping and handling. Simply return the item to us within 30 days.
- We ask that returned products be in like-new condition with original packaging and materials. No returns will be accepted if parts are missing. Please include a copy of your invoice or packing list with a brief reason for return. If you no longer have your invoice or packing list, include a note with your name, address, phone number and reason for the return. Returns received without this basic information will be subject to delay. If you have questions about returning products contact us through the contact page on heartmastery.com.
- Credits will be issued when the returned merchandise has been received and processed by HeartMastery. Please allow approximately 7 to 15 business days.
- HeartMastery will only accept returns for items purchased directly from HeartMastery. If you purchased your item from another source, you must contact them for their return instructions or authorization.
- HeartMastery courses, Heart Empowerment and HeartStart calls are not eligible for return. If you terminate membership before the completion of the product commitment, you will be billed in full for the month in which you terminate.
- If you have questions about returning products contact us through the contact page on heartmastery.com.
For questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this website or any dealings with HeartMastery, contact:
VP of Finance and Operations
Telephone: (800) 450-9111 (Toll-Free)
Telephone: (831) 338-8700 (International)